View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013   #43
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Away AJ this off-season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Thread topic and logic is very sports talk radio-ish.

Andre Johnson is not going anywhere. Bob McNair won't let it happen. The only way it happens is if AJ wants out of here. And so far he has shown no inclination or hint of wanting to play elsewhere.

As a fan, I want him to retire a Houston Texan. He epitomizes everything good about pro athletes, and his stature in the community goes well beyond football. I think McNair sees him this way, as well, and has called him a legacy player in the past. I would not be surprised if AJ is part of why McNair does not want to rebuild, but reload to contend next season.
Sorry... I know what you mean. It is certainly a moot point now- knowing that trading/cutting him does not gain $12 million in cap savings, but would be a wash. I'm not wanting him to leaving. I actually think we can turn this thing around in one season but was interested in the thoughts of those who think this will be a larger overhaul than I do.