View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013   #29
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start Yates next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Fuuny thread that the OP says that it's a slap in the face to Yates. Lol!

As if Yates is some sort of starter material. Newsflash, Yates is a backup and no he does not deserve to be in there even over Schaub. Yates hasn't ever earned the right to start.
Because keenum was just "lights out" in his 0-8 record, right? The only reason he isn't starting is due to injury. Matt Schaub single handedly started the train wreck that is the 2013 season. I'm just saying, if keenum gets 32 quarters to try and prove his worth, shouldn't Yates get more than 2?

At this point, we are starting the third and fourth RBs, flip flopping between back up QBs, playing our 3rd string TE and don't even get me started on the defensive backups that are playing.

The only reason they SHOULDNT play Yates is if he is a dead man walking and everyone in the FO knows he is cut the first opportunity they get. If they want him to remain on the team after 2013 then it would make sense to give him the start to see what he's made of under circumstances like these, two years removed from his playoff win.

Keenum has shown why the other 31 teams passed on him and why he was an UDFA.

Schaub is an absolute wreck that needs to retire.

Yates is no worse then these two guys.