View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Value of first pick in 2014 Draft for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Assuming what you say is true, then taking Matthews is a no-brainer if they can't trade down a couple of spots.
I'm not opposed to that at all... I don't watch a ton of college football, nor have I done much research on the talent entering the draft, so I don't have a strong opinion yet.

Still, I love the idea of knowing that both tackle positions will likely be a strength on this team for the next 5 years or more... I have liked what I have seen of Matthews this year... My bigger issue is that I am becoming sold on the pro-Bridgewater arguments and really like the little I have seen from him. I want nothing to do with Clowney (too big a risk, IMO, to take without addressing the central personnel issue in Houston- QB)... So, based on early draft discussions, if we don't trade down, I'd want Matthews or Bridgewater.