View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013   #135
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Why would youthink that?

There's no questioning Clowney/Barr's talent.

I have major questions about Bridgewater. In fact I'm not even sure he's the best QB in this draft and I consider this to be a slightly above avg QB draft.

2015 is a different story.
Let me preface this by saying that I have not studied any of these players in depth, so I am sure you are more qualified in your opinions. I think Bridgewater has the measurables and production that justify a high pick. I like his toughness, quick release, arm strength and decision making ability. He comes from a pro style offense and he has produced without top flight talent around him. I also think you have to factor in the roster realities of the Texans. If the Texans rank Bortles, or Maizel as better prospects, go there.

Clowney has all of the physical attributes we would be looking for, but his production and motor have been called into question. I would have no problem with the Texans picking him, but I still think you win at a higher level with great QB play. Barr probably has less questions other than his relative inexperience on the defensive side. Barr seems more like a candidate to draft if you can trade down within the top 5.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote