View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Our Offensive Line Sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Also, its harder to find the ideal prototype player as he has a pretty unique body type and the feet that have to go along with it. The ideal prototype guys are hard to pass on when available since protecting the blind side is as important as rushing the blindside. You don't find these guys later in the draft usually.
Ditto Vinny.

The tackle position is just such a boring and "non sexy" position to most fans. Hell, at times I under appreciate it myself. I mean who really wants to see your early pick go towards some big Olineman that you normally don't watch during the game, because you are focusing on the QB making pass rushers miss and making great throws to athletic receivers?? No one wants to get excited for that, but realistically all of those things can't happen consistently without those important pieces upfront in the trenches. We tend not to focus on those bad ass pancake plays by the lineman and those extra 2 seconds they allow the QB to make that great throw, but it's just as important to the puzzle for that big play to happen. I hate the idea of using this early pick on a lineman, but deep down I know how important it is and as long as the Texans end up with a BPA type of Olineman that is worthy of a top 5 pick, then it's probably a great move and a safe move.

I can't help but wonder how the Texans history might have ended up differently if Boselli wouldn't have been a lemon when we drafted him in the expansion draft. Imagine if we would have played in top form for a just a few years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote