View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013   #73
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This might be the most depressing football-related thread that I have ever read in 9 years of this forum.

I deeply appreciate the objectivity in it from all angles, too. I gives a big picture look at the mentality and perspectives of the true Texans fans, the faithful through a 12 game losing streak. It's a collective that certainly provides a variety of perceptions, but one thing seems to be a common thread through just about every take: this team feels like it has some fundamental flaw(s) in its foundation.

And there is also sort of a melancholy resignation about all of it, too. The drop from 12-4 to 2-12 will do that to a fan base.

As far a Rick Smith goes, I have a feeling that he's going to be here awhile. He is family to McNair. Godfather to Bob's grandchild. That is a bond there that goes beyond just a professional relationship. That is a deeply personal situation and one that I think allows Smith to be given every chance beyond a reasonable doubt. And that's a process that could take a very long time to final resolution.

Maybe I'm wrong. But he gave Kubiak 8 years, and probably would have kept him this season if it was not such an obvious dismal failure. I have no doubt that Rick Smith gets that same loyalty, and then some.

I just hope he's worth it.
Supposedly Rick Smith was jobbing Kubiak behind his back to save his own skin. Nice gesture from Smith who wouldn't be here without Kubiak. Who would want to work for this kind of a guy? I think its a huge mistake not cleaning house.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote