View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013   #129
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

(HD, Sports, 12/21/2013) ABC 2:30PM CDT

2013 Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Fresno State Bulldogs at USC Trojans from Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas

Derek Carr, Marqise Lee look to impress NFL scouts in bowl
Quote:
Carr has been nearly flawless this season. Even in Fresno State's lone defeat in 2013, a 62-52 loss at San Jose State that denied the Bulldogs a berth in a BCS bowl, Carr was 38 of 50 for 519 yards and six touchdowns. Carr's one interception came in the fourth quarter when the Fresno State defense had already allowed 59 points, the offense pressed into comeback mode.

That was the kind of production associated with Lee during his transcendent first two years at USC, keying its 10-win season in 2011 and setting several Pac-12 receiving records, earning unanimous All-America honors and winning the Biletnikoff Award last season. But injuries, inconsistent quarterback play and indefensible play-calling by former head coach Lane Kiffin have limited Lee to 673 yards, barely half of his freshman production and one-third of that from his sophomore campaign...

Derek Carr's senior season about far more than football
Quote:
Heather Carr looked her husband in the eyes. It was Aug. 6, and the couple's newborn son, Dallas, had just been taken by an ambulance to Valley Children's Hospital in Madera, Calif. Dallas, who was born only a few hours earlier, required emergency surgery to correct his twisted intestines, which threatened to cut off his blood flow.

The couple prayed together. Heather asked her husband the critical question: Is he going to make it?

"To have to answer that question to my wife was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, to hold back the tears, to hold back my human feelings," said Derek Carr. "I had to tell her, yes, he's going to make it."

Dallas made it through the operation. The Carrs breathed a momentary sigh of relief. But Derek's emotional year has far from slowed down...
Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr can handle life's audibles
Quote:
As a senior at Bakersfield Christian High, he was recruited by the likes of Alabama, Notre Dame, Louisiana State and USC, even though he had already announced his intention to follow his brother David up state Route 99 to Fresno State. He enrolled in college in the spring, at 17, skipping his final few months of high school in order to get an early start on his football career.

Carr played little his first two years, but that didn't stop him from living what he called the "college quarterback life."

At the height of his partying days, Carr met Heather Neel, a waitress at a BJ's Brewhouse about half a mile from campus. After working up the courage to ask her out, he spent their first date telling her what he was looking for in a wife.

Neel has said she wasn't turned off by Carr's arrogance, but, as a devout Christian, she couldn't handle his fast-lane lifestyle. So she told him to change or move on.

"Heather actually wrote me a letter and she said, 'You're not the person that I thought you were,'" Carr recalled. "I read that and I remember I stood up in front of my teammates and I told them, 'Hey, I've been telling you I'm a Christian and I've been living the party life and all that. And that's dead wrong.' And that's kind of when I got my thing right."

This season, Carr led the team's postgame prayer circle. And in place of goodbye, he now ends phone calls with a cheery "God bless."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote