View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013   #81
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What sets the good organizations apart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
These

1.An owner comitted to winning above all else.
2.HC/GM Leader of men who wont except anything but the best and is willing to do whatever it takes to win on or off the field. That means giving up his time for the cause.
3. Same as above, and losing makes the QB sick at his stomach the next morning. QB that is at his best at the end of games. Winning time

The Texans have none of these type people at these positions currently in their org.
1.See you added Owner to list. Owners job is to get an exceptional GM/front office football people. FAILED and STILL FAILING just my opinion.
2.GM job is to hire head coach, handle talent and cap management. TOTAL FAILURE WITH NO CHANGE IN SIGHT
3.HC Kubiak was lacking in this area.
3.Real NFL QB

The Texans have none of the above therefore last place. I just hope we get LUCKY in hiring HC, draft, etc because based on where we are and who has/is (Smith) making these decisions I am not real confident change will occur.

If you have strong QB/HC like the Patriots and Saints the GM is maybe not as important.

When you have nothing as the Texans do then the GM is the KEY.

My opinion is we are handicapped with Smith as our GM. Look at the situation we are in with him in charge.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote