View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013   #124
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I would think safe ones would be - Brady, Manning, Brees, Eli, Big Ben & Rogers. Some would argue I guess but I would include Flacco, Ryan, Stafford & Wilson. On the path Foles, Luck & Kaepernick.
4 top picks, a 3rd overall, 3 later first round picks (11+), 2 second rounders, 2 thirds, and brady.

5 of the top 13 quarterbacks were taken in rounds 2 or later
8 of the top 13 quarterbacks were taken at pick 11 or later

many of these guys werent the first quarterback off the board. that's my point in a nutshell (not aimed at you IC), a quarterback is like every other player during the draft. the higher you pick the better your odds, but just because it's THE position doesnt mean you should reach for the highest rated quarterback instead of the best player for your team - that's how you get carr instead of peppers or jamarcus russell instead of megatron. all of these guys were put in very solid situations where the team around them was really good (except peyton who can carry an entire franchise on his back), they just needed a quarterback. the texans are close to that, but especially on offense we're at least an offensive lineman away from being able to give a young quarterback an ideal situation to mature in. the defense is full of holes in pass defense as well.

if the texans feel that "their guy" is in this draft, and that guy is a quarterback, i most definitely support grabbing him whenever necessary. if our front offense is saying "we need a quarterback" and forcing the pick, i disagree with it completely and would rather spend the pick on a more franchise type player.