View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013   #121
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Geno Smith was OLads highest graded player last years draft. I would grade Bridgewater, Bortles & Manziel as better pro prospects. IF Texans do not get one of those three I believe they've wasted an opportunity to grab their franchise QB. Therefore if you feel good about all three I would consider trading down but not past the "3" spot
You left Carr out - how do you rate him? From watching Carr and Manziel, Carr throws a better deep ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
how many quarterbacks today would you consider franchise? since 2004 it's been very hit or miss with the first overall ... eli manning, alex smith, jamarcus russell, matt stafford, sam bradford, cam newton, and andrew luck. it gets ugly before then. brees and rodgers were late firsts, kaepernick should be mentioned, andy dalton, tony romo, ben went 11th, and so on. unless you're the colts, the elite level quarterback isnt landed on with the first pick, it's a very talented player that's built upon.
Brees was the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

I don't know, pick a definition - how about almost no argument (there's never none) he's good enough to win a SB without allegations of being carried? That's probably around 10.

I would think safe ones would be - Brady, Manning, Brees, Eli, Big Ben & Rogers. Some would argue I guess but I would include Flacco, Ryan, Stafford & Wilson. On the path Foles, Luck & Kaepernick.

That's 8 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 6th.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote