Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013   #115
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I have watched many of Bortles games this year. Watch the South Carolina game, his worst. Bortles literally cost his team that game with 2 INTs and a fumble. Reminded me of Jeff Driskel at FLA. Bortles also did many things to keep his team in that game and almost won the darn thing but his INTs and fumble is why they lost. Bortles has seemed to get better and correct his mistakes. The Memphis, Louisville, Temple and South Florida game Bortles delivers his team a victory at or near the games end. The SMU game was very cold and Bortles performed well in the cold. The biggest obstacle to Bortles and the UCF team playing SMU is UCF had claimed the Conference title and wrapped up a BCS Bowl the week before.
UCF also played well enough to win against Ohio State last year, and while Bortles played a good game for the most part, his turnovers are what cost them in the end.

While I wouldn't call that a trend, because he has obviously improved since the beginning of last season, one of the things I see with him is that sometimes he tries to do too much. Now sometimes this works and he makes great plays, but he also can get careless with the ball while trying to make plays. It's a double edged sword.

I'll be interested to see how he performs late in the UCF/Baylor game if it's close. When he plays lower tier teams he puts them away. Against Ohio State and South Carolina he didn't. If he performs on the big stage at the Fiesta Bowl in that situation, it will say a lot about how far he's come as a player.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote