View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013   #107
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
but don't you see that invariably QB is BPA, if for no other reason supply & demand which creates best player available in first place. Joeckel was a superior LT to Jake, on the same team & Joeckel was secondary in LT rankings to Fisher (2013 draft). To say Matthews is now #1 rated prospect in this draft is dubious at best, these rankings are arbitrary & open to discussion, which is why this forum exists.
If we are going to use a source and both you and I use ESPN, then we cannot then say it is dubious. We may disagree but that is opinion just as is ESPN's. QB is not always BPA and I think this draft supports that. Both Matthews and Mosely are better if you include risk factor and Barr is equal to Bridgewater.

I think need (supply and demand) does create BPA which is not same as being the best player.