Thread: Mariota
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mariota

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Geez I'm agreeing with Texian...

Mariota is not ready. If you draft him he sits for a year minimum, no questions asked. That's a tough sell for most GMs these days. If you throw him out there too early you risk ruining him.

I like his size, arm, and mobility. His accuracy is okay. My big thing is that the offense he plays in makes him tough to project. Over half his throws are to wide open receivers. He is basically a HS QB as far as the mental part of the game goes.

The mental side of playing QB is the most underrated attribute for the position. All people want to look at is size, arm strength, and athleticism. All things that Mariota has btw.
I agree too. Mariota would only be selected IMO if he could sit for 1 FULL year. Not just 2-3 games. And with McNairs comments about winning now, I think he would want a mentally ready QB if he took a QB at all.

To win now I could see a plan of signing a free agent QB who would almost be plug and play, then selecting a instant impact defender where transition isnt as tough.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote