Thread: Mariota
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013   #35
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mariota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Could be he just wants to know where he stands and what NFL thinks he needs to work on. That's understand. Very doubtful that if he doesn't have 30 college starts that he will get a first round grade. IMHO he hasn't done anything on the football field that says 1st pick or high first rd pick.
Geez I'm agreeing with Texian...

Mariota is not ready. If you draft him he sits for a year minimum, no questions asked. That's a tough sell for most GMs these days. If you throw him out there too early you risk ruining him.

I like his size, arm, and mobility. His accuracy is okay. My big thing is that the offense he plays in makes him tough to project. Over half his throws are to wide open receivers. He is basically a HS QB as far as the mental part of the game goes.

The mental side of playing QB is the most underrated attribute for the position. All people want to look at is size, arm strength, and athleticism. All things that Mariota has btw.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote