Thread: Kiper 2014
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013   #8
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I like him more than Clowney overall. If we stick to the 3-4, I think Barr has the potential to be more productive.

Just where exactly is Clowney going to fit in the 3-4? Is Barr a better 3-4 player, even if you like Clowney more overall? I think Barr is better overall, but some who don't may come to the conclusion that Barr is more valuable than Clowney is in the 3-4.
Barr, to me, is everything you want in an OLB: natural pass rushing ability, speed, and comfortable in coverage. I don't think we would be so hampered if we somehow ended up with him over Clowney (whom I would prefer). Clowney, on the other hand, is that rare combination of speed and power that isn't some workout warrior, either. Due to his size, he could start at OLB and perhaps transition to 3-4 DE along with Watt once he gained about 14 pounds. I'd really recommend looking at at Brett Kollmann's analysis of Clowney in the bone spur discussion thread.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote