View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #93
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep and there isn't a franchise QB available in this draft. IMHO So do you want to force the QB pick and set this franchise back another decade like Casserly did with Carr?

2015 is when the franchise QB's are coming out. The Texans should be doing everything they can to position themselves to get one at that time. Of course BoB/Rick cant see that far ahead.
No, I do not want another Carr situation. If the FO believes that there is not a franchise QB in the draft I would attempt to obtain one in FA but pickings are really slim. This QB class is pretty deep and I personally believe that at least one of them will be a franchise QB. You got Bridgewater, Bortles, and Hundley if they declare. McCarron, Boyd, and Manziel will also be available as well as several others. It is not a given that Winston will come out next year either, example Luck. The thing is that the organization will have to scout the hell out of all of them and pick the right one. Drafting a QB is always risky but is worth the risk due to the importance of the position. I'm not saying that we have to pick a QB with our first pick but we have to draft one in the first 3 rounds IMO. Hopefully we find one that we think is capable of leading this team and we are right.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote