View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #87
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
If I truly think Bortles is a franchise guy then I take him #1. Why would you trade picks this year and your 1st next year for a guy that you could just take #1?

I still don't understand that scenario and you've laid it out many times before. You can use your 1st this year on a QB or you can use your 2nd this year and 1st next year on a QB. Why would you choose the 2nd option?
Because BoB wants to win now.

By doing a trade like this you have the abilty to fill the 2 hardest positions there are to fill on a team in one draft. QB/Pass Rusher. If you hit on those picks and add in Watt you become a dominant team for the next decade and overtake Indy/Luck at the top of the division. Rick has to take chances to catch up with Luck/Indy. With that said,

I wouldn't draft a QB this yr if it was me. I would wait until the loaded 2015 QB draft. The way I see it Rick has these options

1. The option stated above
2 trade down, best option if a trade partner can be found.
3. Sign a vet QB like Campbell to compete with Keenum and draft a QB in 2015. The best option, IMHO
4. Reach for Bridgewater, the worst option. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote