View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #124
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you could steal 1 player in the NFL for the Texans besides a QB, who would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think a lot of that was fan conjecture. DeMeco played OLB in college but many of his scouting reports projected him as being better inside in the NFL. I don't recall the Texans ever making a definitive statement of what they intended when they drafted him. They tried him out at both when he arrived and he immediately showed leadership and smarts they wanted calling the plays in the middle. Now that doesn't mean he could not be moved outside. For that matter I bet Willis could play either as well.
From what I recall, they started off with Demeco outside. Then Kailee Wong went down (or didn't come back) and they tried Demeco at the inside spot. And he was better than anyone else on the team. I seem to faintly recall they were trying Orr at that spot.

Still, if you've got the shot to get two great linebackers on your team, you might as well do it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote