View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That looks far more likely to me. You have to go back 31 years to find a 6 QB 1st round and there has only been 1 5 QB draft since. The 6 QB draft wasn't one where there were questions whether any of them would be franchise QBs, it was an incredible talent draft with 3 future HOFers taken. That includes several years following QB poor drafts to where none were taken in the 1st. Four is a heavy QB draft.

IF all these QBs are taken then the talent at OT and elsewhere will get pushed down.
You have to take into account that QB contracts are extremely cheap in the draft now, thanks to the new CBA. They also include a team friendly 5th year option if they are drafted in the first round (I believe). I think this is going to lead to more questionable QB picks in the first round than previous years. Hell there were 4 QB's taken in 2010 (Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder) and for the most part, leading up to that draft most people figured that it might come down to Newton vs Gabbert but that it wasn't really that standout of a class.