View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #76
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Question wasn't directed at me but I'll give my opinion. The ranges are very wide because all it takes is one team to fall in love and take a guy high.

Bridgewater - Top 3
Bortles - Between 3-15
Mettenberger - Between 10-25
Carr - Between 10-35
Manziel - Between 15-40
McCarron - Between 30-45
Hundley - I think he goes back to school. But I think he would go in the top half of the 2nd.
Boyd - 2nd round

Everyone else is 3rd round or later. Murray may sneak into the 2nd if Hundley goes back to school.

I could see a max of three QBs going in the top 15 and four going in the top 20. Four or five total going in the first round.

Bridgewater, Bortles, and Mettenberger all as first round locks. Carr a highly likely first rounder. That's four. So five if Manziel slides in.
That looks far more likely to me. You have to go back 31 years to find a 6 QB 1st round and there has only been 1 5 QB draft since. The 6 QB draft wasn't one where there were questions whether any of them would be franchise QBs, it was an incredible talent draft with 3 future HOFers taken. That includes several years following QB poor drafts to where none were taken in the 1st. Four is a heavy QB draft.

IF all these QBs are taken then the talent at OT and elsewhere will get pushed down.