View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What sets the good organizations apart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That thought has crossed my mind but I didn't want to commit it to the internet.

Listen.

I've said this before.

We're going to hire some coaches and we're going to have some player turnover. And when we do that, I'm going to be right on the front-line spinning every move as best I can trying to figure out WHY they're doing the things they're doing and I'll be hoping for the best. I'll be looking for every ray of light and sunshine.

But right now... trying to look at this objectively... I don't have very high hopes for winning very many games over the next 5-6 years. I hope I'm wrong about that but there are only a few teams that seem to consistently make successful moves and this team hasn't shown itself to be one of those teams, yet. So we're going to have to get lucky.
I always appreciate your perspective to look at the bright side of things.

Hopefully, though, they can turn this thing around within a couple of seasons. That's me being optimistic, because one thing I know after being an NFL fan for 40+ years is that nothing is guaranteed. Starting over with a new head coach and new QB always carries the risks of endless futility, and we see franchises struggle with this every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
FYI. Sean Payton, a coach I really can't stand, had a kicker miss two field goals on Sunday.

On Monday, he fired that kicker.

He also had a tackle miss a couple of important plays on Sunday.

On Monday, he benched that tackler.

If those players were here they'd be given infinite amount of time to play until they improved, regardless of their performance and how much their poor play cost just games.

Just saying.
Hopefully, the lack of accountability and infinite patience out of loyalty are traits of Kubiak and not an institutional policy. McNair has shown these tendencies, but perhaps he is learning that they can also be a liability. Dude is not getting any younger, so the longest he should ever give a head coach is 5 years to make the playoffs. I'd say sooner, but we are talking baby steps in evolution as an owner.