View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #48
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Oh yeah, people want to force the QB pick. The only way I buy the argument that you have to draft a QB high if you have that pick is if you are willing to give up on him after one season. Because the next year, you might have a high draft pick and a better QB might be available. I mean, we're all about getting a great QB, right? Or did we want to set the franchise back 2-4 years while they figure out if the last #1 guy was the right pick?

How long do you give a new QB? 6 games? 10 games? 2 years? 4 years? Or does it just depend on if the QB was someone you touted and wanted brought in?

:smfh:
We all know this is about Keenum. Please take that to the Keenum threads.

And I mean that with no offense and please don't take it personally. But the guys here talking about drafting QB's have either a) given up on Keenum a while ago or 2) never thought he was the guy. The majority of the guys here probably think a 1st or 2nd round draft pick is more talented than Keenum and deserve more time to start and prove himself than an UDFA to so it's pointless to start all that.

FWIW, I agree about BPA and not forcing a QB. I do not think Matthews is BPA however.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote