View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #47
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You are entitled to your opinion .... and in theory I don't disagree.

But QB being the greatest position of need .... Either there is one you feel is a franchise QB or not. If you feel he is the real deal you draft him.

If not .... then you have the #1 pick in the wrong damn year , tough luck.

I'd prefer to trade down because I don't believe there is a franchise QB in this draft and that none of the other players are worth taking (For this team) at #1 overall. I wouldn't touch Clowney in the first round , Barr is good player ... but over rated.

But .... to move down you have to have someone willing to move up.

If you cant move down and aren't taking Bridgewater .... Matthews is probably the safest pick in this draft. He fills a dire need and can eventually replace your franchise LT when he is cut , traded or retires.
Best player available. If that's a tackle, so be it. It's not like the team doesn't need a tackle as well. So you can pair need and BPA. That's a win-win scenario.

Oh yeah, people want to force the QB pick. The only way I buy the argument that you have to draft a QB high if you have that pick is if you are willing to give up on him after one season. Because the next year, you might have a high draft pick and a better QB might be available. I mean, we're all about getting a great QB, right? Or did we want to set the franchise back 2-4 years while they figure out if the last #1 guy was the right pick?

How long do you give a new QB? 6 games? 10 games? 2 years? 4 years? Or does it just depend on if the QB was someone you touted and wanted brought in?

:smfh: