View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #631
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I Guarantee that the Rams would find a trade partner should they get #1. Probably Cleveland.
Or the Jags, which could haunt us for many years to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Better than taking an overrated Bridgewater and suffering the consequences of that decision for another decade. Give me Clowney and fix the trenches this yr so that the 2015 QB pick will have a greater chance to succeed.

BTW, did't that dumpster juice Cutler take his undermanned team to a NFC championship game 2-3 yrs ago. Aren't they in 1st place in their division this yr? Yep, that's real dumpster juice.
LOL, in 2010, he took an "undermanned" team to the NFC championship game where he scored 14 points and lost. 23 TDs and 17 turnovers w/ 3000 yards isn't really carrying an "undermanned" team IMO.

That year they had a top 5 defense in the NFL with that was constantly forcing turnovers and scoring off them. They haven't been to THE PLAYOFFS since. And he's missed extensive time (including that championship game after he threw a pick) and our backups have proved they don't have what it takes here in Houston.

Are we attributing this season's Bears' success to Cutler now? The record with him has been 5-3 and without him 3-3. Doesn't seem like a key cog to me. They also have a worse record than the Cardinals who are currently NOT in the playoffs, and are themselves just 1 game ahead of 2 others in division.

The guy isn't a dumpster fire, but he is nothing more than a strong arm, middle tier of the QBs in the NFL today. Sorry, but signing that guy to a 4 year contract does not impress me whatsoever.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote