View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #33
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Your first sentence is the issue DR as we can get something to protect in second round. Bortles, McCarron and Mettenberger all rated after #38. Other teams may draft RT in FA or later rounds, well we did also with minimal results. Antonio Richardson is the only OT after first round that can start for us and I am very concerned he will go in late first and I don't automatically project him to RT anyway. I do need to add that JuWaan James could start but the further you go less chance he will be there.

I am not concerned about cost as Matthews would be on at least a four year contract for reasonable money as was DB. 4-5 years from now we worry about Brown's last years. Sometimes you draft a good player and cut costs elsewhere. You control your cap by wisely bringing in cheap young draft picks and cheap FA and occasionally UDFA and knowing when to move on from your expensive vets. I am definitely not arguing cap with you but just offering my POV.
Your first sentence is the issue Badboy as you think using a sports website big board in December is a legitimate Guide to making a viable decision on draft strategy. That is something I would expect from Texian.