View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i dont mind taking a RT with the first overall, with today's rookie wage scale of course. if you have a guy that projects to be someone you'll have on the roster for 10+ years, that's worthy of a first overall regardless of position to me - especially when it's a current need. of course the position comes into play if there's a higher ranked position with the same "sure thing" label attached, but i'd rather have the starter than the question mark.
Agreed it would be like drafting a healthy Antone Exum to play safety for 2-3 years to replace Manning and then move him to corner when Joseph goes. If I thought TB was a franchise QB, I'd gladly take him and go RT later, but that is not what I or others think. IMO there are better QB candidates in second round than RTs.