View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know how to make Schaub a June 1st cut. But as is, I can cut him, Jjo, Manning, OD, McCain, Jamison, Newton, Keo, Bullock, Bouye, Tuggle, Starling, Kupper, Keenum, & Lemon & we've got $32M to work with.

I wouldn't necessarily cut Jjo, I'd rather renegotiate & make Schaub a June 1st cut....... then we'll end up with about the same $32M.

I'd make Antonio, Joe Mays, Greg Jones, & Garrett Graham offers to stay, negotiating their contracts & bonuses to cost $8-$10 million against the 2014 cap. I'd commit to each one of those guys for two years, Graham as much as 4.

That would leave me about $20M to find an ILB, outside pass rusher, safety, & a vet QB.

In the draft, I'm looking for a RT, QB, & outside pass rusher on the first day (first three rounds, I don't remember if 3rd round is on the first day or not). Second day I'm looking for OL, safeties, & LBs. Any potential solid player will do, but I'm especially looking for those positions.

Oh yeah.... TEs too.
Sounds like a great plan to me. I doubt Rick will will have the foresight to see a plan like this thru. I wonder how much of a cut JoJo/Antonio will be willing to take. I think JoJo is due 11 mil next yr and Antonio 9 mil. I would be willing to split 11 mil between them and if they dont take it let them move on and move forward with the rebuilding project.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote