View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #98
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 306135 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you could steal 1 player in the NFL for the Texans besides a QB, who would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I went back and checked because you guys make it seem like we missed on sooooo much great talent. But to my eyes, once you got out of the first & second rounds, who of any value was in either of those drafts when it was our turn to select?? I don't see anybody of real note after the 2nd round. What am I missing?
I should have been more clear with my message, as I do not expect much value in the 4th-7th rounds. If you find a rough gem, fantastic. But I do not fault teams of hit and miss in those rounds.

The first three, however, should bear fruit, and I feel the first round is where you can reallly look at teams and their evaluation process.

Looking at the teams 'cak mentioned, and the obvious thing that sticks out is that they were all drafting in the last part of the first round, where the Texans had the 10th overall pick in 2007. They were 26th in 2008 through trading down, but did great with picking D. Brown. Of course, they were trying to make up for not having a 2nd round pick due to the Schaub trade.

Main point overall, though, was Okoye was a wasted pick for a team that should not have been stretching for project players. It was always a boneheaded decision in my mind.