View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #47
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What sets the good organizations apart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I"m not a big fan of owners getting in front of their football staff on personnel matters. I thought he should have deferred to Rick Smith on that one, just out of respect for his GM and also not to look so Jerrah-like.

It was a very strange press conference for McNair considering the past 12 seasons.

My only hope is that they really wanted to satisfy their curiosity about Keenum. Most of us have always assumed he was a Kubiak QB, but maybe those first couple of starts and connections with AJ made them curious? Just speculating, but it's not too often you see an owner openly endorse a third string UDFA QB like that press conference.
One thing I noticed against the Colts, IMHO, Keenum was much better with Kubiak than without him. That's not endorsement for either, just something noticeable to me. I was FOR Kubiak to be gone going on 3 years, that said Kubiak was still the most O and QB knowledgeable of anyone on the Texans staff. If Bob truly was interested in Case's progress he should've have fired Gary at the ended of the year. Once again, Bob didn't think that one through.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote