View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What sets the good organizations apart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Just to clarify your point: You think firing a coach who has lost 15 of 17 regular season games (11 in a row) in his eighth season in a job where the results have been mediocre (at best) was an overreaction?

Are you saying that firing Kubiak was an overreaction, or that McNair's overall frustration at the press conference was an overreaction?
I definitely think it was an overreaction. I know everyone wants to give Wade credit for getting us to the play-offs, but McNair fired Kubiak after we allowed a 14.4 ppg team to score 27 points on us for the second time in 3 weeks, then he promoted the guy most responsible for it. & these weren't just flukes... these were 80 yard drives ending in TDs.

Then if you think Wade was "forced" on Kubiak, it makes even less sense.

The undisciplined play of this team has largely been on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't have a problem with McNair firing Kubiak. I made peace with that when he stuck Schaub in the first time. But Kubiak got us 12-4 last season, it sure as heck wasn't the talent or the defense & Kubiak was recovering from a stroke.....

Firing Wade & Marciano made more sense to me than firing Kubiak (unless Kubiak was told to do just that & he said no, which I believe is totally possible & we'll never know), then promoting Vance Joseph & seeing if he can step up and be worth keeping on the staff in some capacity (depending on what the next coach wants to do).

Heck, firing Dennison & Benton made more sense than firing Kubiak in the middle of the season.