View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Running Back by committee would be like the Pats. They shuttle Ridley and Blount in and out of the backfield every game. They can't seem to decide on one and change up the rotation every week. Vereen plays RB and spends a lot of time in the slot. Bolden comes in and gets touches every game. They have 4 RB's who touch the ball a lot.
Close. They've got two guys they think can be THE guy, but they continue to disappoint. Neither is particularly good at any one thing, but they're fairly good at everything.

New Orleans has a RBBC. They've got their usual guy, the third down guy, the goal line guy, the change of pace guy, the pass pro guy, & the guy who's going to take a lick.

Arian is THE guy. Whatever the situation calls for, he's the best we've got & one of the best in the league. If he were healthy, Kubiak would have run him in the dirt, to try to protect Case. Ben Tate isn't that guy & never was. He was the dog-house, but I ain't got anyone better guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I guess my point was it was supposed to be RBBC . When they gave Foster the farm , it upset the pay scale . That's not how the Kubiak scheme was supposed to go . You pay a RB and a QB , you cut elsewhere .
I don't get that either. In Denver, they always had THE guy until they didn't. Clinton Portis was traded for Champ Bailey because they kept striking out finding their own. Mike Anderson was hurt all the time & they had nothing but fodder. Orlandis Gary priced himself out of a good career with Denver, because he wasn't as good as he thought he was. They're not going to pay a guy because he broke 1000 yards one year. (More than likely I've got Anderson & Gary mixed up).

But Denver was more or less always looking for the guy after TD. Had they not traded Clinton Portis, he'd have been THE guy. Had the other guy not got the big head, he'd have been THE guy because he was good enough, not "special" like TD, Portis, or Foster.

You put a "special" guy in this "simple" system & you've got a Super Bowl contender.

Ben Tate's got some ability & he may very well be "special" but can't read the blocks & adjust on the fly like Arian can.