View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What sets the good organizations apart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Listening to the presser when Bob announced that Case Keenum was his starting QB for the rest of the season, my head sank, and I thought, Good Grief, Bob is Jerah Jones.
I"m not a big fan of owners getting in front of their football staff on personnel matters. I thought he should have deferred to Rick Smith on that one, just out of respect for his GM and also not to look so Jerrah-like.

It was a very strange press conference for McNair considering the past 12 seasons.

My only hope is that they really wanted to satisfy their curiosity about Keenum. Most of us have always assumed he was a Kubiak QB, but maybe those first couple of starts and connections with AJ made them curious? Just speculating, but it's not too often you see an owner openly endorse a third string UDFA QB like that press conference.