View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #53
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I guess my point was it was supposed to be RBBC . When they gave Foster the farm , it upset the pay scale . That's not how the Kubiak scheme was supposed to go . You pay a RB and a QB , you cut elsewhere .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Ah.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that, either. But I see your point.

You're saying that in a Shanahan/Kubiak system, we're supposed to be finding cheap RBs later in the draft and letting them go when they get too costly. So we should have let Foster walk instead of giving him a lot of money to keep him.
The Shanahan/Kubiak scheme is acquiring RBs cheaply in terms of draft picks, roll through them until getting a hit and then ride that back out including giving them a contract or valuing them very highly.

Terrell Davis - given a big contract way before necessary in his 2nd season of his rookie contract.
Portis - traded for a top 3 CB plus the 2nd round pick spent to get him.
Foster - gave him his market value.
Morris - again not sharing the load 335 att. next most 23 att. in his rookie year ending 2nd in yds to AP and 2nd in TDs to Foster - you can guarantee the Skins will pay him.

Who are the good RBs they have let go to avoid paying?