View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #92
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you could steal 1 player in the NFL for the Texans besides a QB, who would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's just depressing. Looking at the 2007 and 2008 draft classes as a whole, there was a lot of talent that the Texans failed to value. We should still have starters from those two drafts beyond Brown.

I want to be optimistic about the new regime, but Rick Smith does not give me the confidence to have much faith in his skills as a GM.
That's just it, though.

Who is it that made these draft picks?

Did Rick Smith come up with a list of guys and Kubiak and the other coaches say, "No. Here's the guys we should go with."? Was Rick Smith's list of guys he would have drafted better than the guys we actually drafted?

I don't know.

The guy who should know is McNair.

I hope he's keeping Smith around because he's been in the draft rooms and knows that Smith would have done better without Kubiak and the other coaches over-ruling him. Or something.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote