View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #315
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
For the most part I agree and vice a versa. This Bridgewater vs Bortles comparison reminds me very much of a similar situation last year. I was watching tape of the Jim Thorpe Award Winner, All SEC, All American CB Jonathan Banks, intrigued by the prospect that he could be a potential pick for the Texans. I watched 4 different games and one thing was clear to me, the CB I was watching on the other side of the field Darius Slay was a better CB. The more I watched the more I was convinced that Slay was a better player. I went on a message board with my opinons, Slay was better, covered better, faster, broke on the ball better, was a better CB than Banks and IMHO Slay would be drafted before Banks. Much like here here I took a lot of ridicule, called many names etc etc, didn't know what I was talking about so on and so on. Slay was 36th pick, Banks the 43rd pick. Slay vs Banks is much the same feeling I have about Bortles vs Bridgewater.
Wow, I had same opinion of Slay. I really liked Banks but he began to slip at end and Slay just kept moving up my board. IIRC, The 3 Amigos mocked Slay for a while. I often don't follow a player after draft. Do you have any info on Darrius?