View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Not likely barring some unforeseen event. Bortles is basically a top 20 lock at this point and Mettenberger won't make it out of the top half of the second round.

This is also the problem with all the trade back scenarios. How do you ensure that you can trade back and still get the guy you want?
Well in our situation as we have so many needs, we select the guy the team we trade with wants and then swap when they pick the guy we want. If the deal falls through we still have very good player 1-1. For me there is so much question with all the QBs, if we hit on one in later rounds, it could be best bet. I am again looking at McCarron who has moved up a round. If you can set aside the "game manager" description he compares favorably with all especially if you figure in wins and competition, playing under the lights. With a refurbished offensive line (which we have to do regardless who takes snaps) and a healthy Foster a "game manager may just be what we need. You can say AJ was nominated for Heisman on body of work not 2013 but you could also say many other QBs were not selected due to their 2013. For me body of work shows consistency.