Thread: Brandon Brooks
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
That's awesome, I hope this proves the fact that you don't have to use first round picks to get good offensive linemen to posters who think we need to take a RT at #1 overall.
If we get the #1 overall pick we've got to use it on someone. The choices right now aren't that great.

Clowney, Matthews, Bridgewater.....

I personally like Matthews. We don't "need" to take him with the #1 overall, but we "need" to improve our offensive line. Matthews does that for us in terms of both starting quality & depth.

Right now, we have no real alternative to a major Duane Brown injury. With Matthews, he could slide over if need be & you can fill his RT spot with Harris, Newton, or Williams.

If Duane Brown doesn't have a major injury we'll dominate on the OL with Quiz (or even Ben Jones, I like Ben Jones) at LG. That dominant OL will help keep the opposing teams QB (in a QB driven league) on the sideline. & our new QB (even Case Keenum) can thrive with a healthy run game (Foster, Dj, or whoever) & a well rested defense.

As "great" as our offenses have been, we suck at situational football. 3rd & 1, we suck. Red Zone, we suck. I think Matthews would help us in those situations regardless who our QB is.