View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Either we have no talent and Gary did one hell of a job last year or we are a lot more talented than our record this year shows. Which is it?
I thought Gary did a heck of a job last year & said so many times. That team was held together by bubble gum & masking tape. We shouldn't have won 12 games. We shouldn't have beat the Bengals in the play-offs. The Patriots & the Packers showed us who we were. The Broncos & Ravens games showed us our potential. Gary kept that team playing somewhere in the middle & won games in spite of it.

That said, I don't have a problem with the Kubiak firing. I started a thread a while back, about our Super Bowl window. How long could Gary continue to sell the same old message? I think that question was answered a lot earlier than I wanted to realize (Dec 2012).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Rick Smith is shown the door after the draft. Similarly to the way Casserly was excised.

My only real beef, is that he promoted Wade Phillips to interim head coach. After watching this defense for the last 13 games, there is no way that should have happened. Respect be damned. If he didn't like it, he could have walked with Gary.

Especially since he made the decision that Case will start the rest of the season. Winning is not a priority. I'd have promoted Dorrell to interim coach (if he likes Keenum so much) & see what he's made of.