Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #1031
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would take Manziel over Bridgewater. I believe that both QB's are equal in talent but the divider being mental fortitude. You have one QB (Bridgewater) hemming and hawing about coming out even though he is the #1 QB on the board. The other who knows he is ready for bigger and better things and knows exactly what he wants.

I am also amused that Manziel goes to a Texas frat party. That shows real testicular fortitude.
We'll just have to disagree. Bridgewater does have a few legitimate concerns but that is not one.

First, I don't think they are equal in talent. Manziel is a better college player, but Bridgewater's skills translate better to the NFL, IMO.

Second, Andrew Luck was the #1 QB on the board after his redshirt sophomore season and he went back to school for another year. I don't remember his mental fortitude being questioned over that decision. Perhaps Bridgewater is being pressured to return by his coaches or his parents, and so therefore is exploring his options? As for Manziel, knowing what you want and being able to attain it are two different things. Every year the draft is littered with guys who left school early because they were ready for bigger and better things. Just because you want it does not mean that you will get it.

Third, if going to a party at a rival school has any impact on how a prospect is graded, then the grading process is flawed.