View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Earlier in the season , I preferred Matthews .... In general I still do.

But .... Circumstances dictate course of action.

The circumstances here are simple - We don't have a quarterback. If you don't have a franchise QB , you go get one. Teddy , should he declare is probably your best bet to become that franchise QB , at least in this draft.

I don't want one of the scrap heap QB's that will be FA's this offseason , they have all proven they aren't "Franchise Quarterbacks." They are Schaub or worse .... I've had enough of that.

I guess you do have the option of drafting Matthews and letting Case act like an NFL QB for another season then drafting Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota in the 2015 draft .... but I'm not so sure I can stomach another season like this one.
I dont want Matthews at 1-1.

I could live with Jason Campbell next yr if it meant getting one of the top 5 QB's in 2015. After filling in all of the holes in this yrs draft. Long term planning should be the key. Do I think BoB/Rick are capable of this? Nope. Gotta sell those tickets/jerseys etc... Get ready to buy your Bridgewater jersey because that's what BoB does. Regardless of if Bridgewater his best for the long term health of his franchise.

But as another poster said BoB doesn't owe us anything and this is true. Because if it wasn't true Rick Smith would be out of a JOB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote