View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013   #119
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How in the world do you dismiss all of the stuff about Clowney? Look at the history of players that have that criticism in the draft and almost all of them are busts or average players compared to their draft status. Watching Mario all of those years should be an easy one for you. And it's not just the taking plays off thing. It's the attitude that his coaches have put out there and the stupid decisions by this guy like driving 110 down the highway. I can guarantee you that the Texans don't touch him though. Way to many red flags for Bob Mcnair to even consider him at this point, and good for Bob. Clowney is nothing but a media sensation that quickly had his candles blown out by mid season after he looked average all year. Using an injury as an excuse when he had such a spotlight on him for a high draft pick and even a Heisman pick is one of the worst spin efforts I've ever seen by a player's camp. Clowney cost himself a lot of money most likely. I'm just happy to know that the Texans won't be anywhere near this guy on their draft board unless he is somehow sticking around in the 2nd round.
I dont blame Clowney for taking it easy this yr after seeing in person Lattimore get his knee blown up and Lattimore going from a top 20 pick to a 6th rd pick. (It's human nature) Clowney was a dominate pass rusher his first 2 yrs at South Carolina. Getting Sacks in the SEC and constantly drawing double/triple teams against some of the best OL's in college football. How many NC's has the SEC won in a row?

After reading CND's post below I'm starting to back off Clowney a bit. If he checks out medically this season wouldn't preclude me from taking Clowney. He's a once in a generation type player.

The difference between MW and Clowney is, until this yr Clowney never took plays off. He was the #1 recruit coming out of high school. Clowney was a targerted man from day 1 of his college career.

Mario on the otherhand wasn't highly recruited played on a DL with three 1st rd draft picks. He was known for taking plays off at N.C.St. Mario wasn't even on the radar for pick 1-1 until he blew up at the combine.

Can you see why I think there's a difference between the 2 players and if healthy why Clowney would be worth the risk?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote