View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #117
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well, on MW to illustrate - I figured the Texans had taken QB off the table and so pretty much thought discussing VY was a waste of time. Bush I didn't think would translate to the NFL as a primary RB. That left Mario and Ferguson. Mario seemed like more of a freak with a higher upside.

Here Clowney shows the same kind of upside with a more extreme chance of bust due to taking plays off turning into taking a season off. Then there is injury concern. Haven't had a chance to talk to Doc about it but doing a little research bone spurs in feet can result from problems like plantar fasciitis and can be a real problem for a DLmen/OLB who lives off of initial burst. Basically he scares me.

If forced to stay I would be happy with either Bridgewater then the best of RT, OLB or NT ... or Barr then maneuver to get Bortles, Carr (after an interrogation that would make the CIA at Guantanamo proud).

Best case, trade down get Nix, Matthews or Moseley and then use the next two on a QB and RT (or OLB, NT if Matthews taken) in either order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Clowney only took plays off this and that was to avoid an injury situation like his former teammmate. They were saying the same things about Peppers before he was drafted. IIRC, I'm more of a risk taker so if Doc said Clowney was medically OK he would be my pick.

Your best case scenerio would be my dream come true. I'm very high on Nix and think he could do for the Texans almost as much as Clowney. (Draw double teams) Nix having knee surgery does worry me and would be another call for the Doc's.
Clowney has been dealing with the bone spur(s) of his foot since highschool. He also missed time for this problem last season and this season, he has played lame. We don't know if it is a single spur or multiple spurs....if it is a heel spur or ankle spur. If it is an isolated spur, surgery may cure him. If multiple spurs, as chronic as it has been, it could very well be a reflection of significant arthritic changes. Unfortunately, like usual, we have little information to work with. One thing I can pretty well tell you is that if he has surgery after the season, he won't be at the Combine, and teams will likely have to make a decision on what they've seen so far. He should be ready to go for the 2014 season no matter was his pathology is. His performance will be dictated by the extent of the pathology that required attention. I don't like the fact that this has been a chronic problem already.......in a very young player.........a pass rusher that needs no compromise of any type with his ability to push off.

As far as Nix, no mention was made of which meniscus/menisci were torn. But, if accurate, some reports reveal that the surgery involved "repair" not "excision." Repair is a harder longer recovery. What bothers me the most about Nix is that he has been dealing with a chronic case of patellar tendonitis.......the predecessor of patellar tendon rupture, ala our own Cushing and Newton. Being a big man, the condition and potential of rupture is more concerning. If he does eventually rupture, expect a long recovery closer to Newton (who was rushed back and not given enough time to completely rehab)........and we know how that's turned out.

Both great players with great potential................for stellar careers.........or ongoing injury history...........only time will tell, and someone will take the chance for sure.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote