View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #116
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thank you, Master Thorn (and the rest of you who follow this logic train).

Didn't we learn ANYTHING from the David Carr debacle?

It's real simple folks:

Promising young QB + crappy O-line = DISASTER

Oh and lest we forget a not-so-minor detail, anyone have any clue as to what the heck will our offensive scheme be??
...or who's calling the plays? Shouldn't that play into who we go out and get at QB? I'd like to know who the new OC/HC will be and what system he/they intend to run before I shop for a QB.

Oh and I'll pass on RGIII. Put me into the group that wants to parley that overall #1 pick into more picks. We got lots of holes to fill.

A lot of Carr's sacks are on Carr. He held the ball too long. Great QBs make their O lines look good. I don't know that Brady has had any pro bowlers blocking for him, but they never have more than 5 guys blocking because he gets the ball out fast.

It's actually one of the reasons I think Luck will be an average QB. He doesn't make quick reads and he doesn't get the ball out fast enough (and he's not that accurate) Manning in comparison has had less than 25 sacks his entire career and his accuracy was always above 60% (except his first year). Luck has had 30+ sacks both years and is below 60% both years
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote