View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #115
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Clowney only took plays off this and that was to avoid an injury situation like his former teammmate. They were saying the same things about Peppers before he was drafted. IIRC, I'm more of a risk taker so if Doc said Clowney was medically OK he would be my pick.

Your best case scenerio would be my dream come true. I'm very high on Nix and think he could do for the Texans almost as much as Clowney. (Draw double teams) Nix having knee surgery does worry me and would be another call for the Doc's.
How in the world do you dismiss all of the stuff about Clowney? Look at the history of players that have that criticism in the draft and almost all of them are busts or average players compared to their draft status. Watching Mario all of those years should be an easy one for you. And it's not just the taking plays off thing. It's the attitude that his coaches have put out there and the stupid decisions by this guy like driving 110 down the highway. I can guarantee you that the Texans don't touch him though. Way to many red flags for Bob Mcnair to even consider him at this point, and good for Bob. Clowney is nothing but a media sensation that quickly had his candles blown out by mid season after he looked average all year. Using an injury as an excuse when he had such a spotlight on him for a high draft pick and even a Heisman pick is one of the worst spin efforts I've ever seen by a player's camp. Clowney cost himself a lot of money most likely. I'm just happy to know that the Texans won't be anywhere near this guy on their draft board unless he is somehow sticking around in the 2nd round.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote