View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #294
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The Heisman has become more of award handed out to the best offensive player on a team with a great record than "the most outstanding player award."

I think Winston is a hell of a talent .... but I have to wonder how many of those votes came as a result of his teams success than on his being the most outstanding player in the country.

Ya ask me Jordan Lynch was probably the "most outstanding" (offensive) football player in the NCAA this year. Dude put up video game numbers with much less talent around him.
I totally agree and have been a critic of the Heisman for a number of years now.

I was only pointing out to Texian that his argument is ridiculous. He believes that Bridgewater is not worth the #1 pick because he was not a Heisman finalist, which is silly just by itself.

But then he does not hold his guy (Bortles) to the same standard. As he was also not a finalist. Texian's excuse is that Bortles was not a frontrunner in the preseason. I am just pointing out that Winston wasn't either and he won the thing.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote