View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #607
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don't disagree with your premise about BPA, but I keep seeing you say this (bolded above). What makes any of those guys better "franchise" options than Bridgewater? You're talking about trading multiple future picks for a late 1st round pick instead of just using your #1 on Bridgewater. You realize that you're giving up way more for the other QB in that scenario.

Why is taking Clowney and giving up next year's 1st for a QB "winning now" but taking Bridgewater #1 and a pass rusher #33 is not?
There's not a better pass rusher in this draft than Clowney.

I dont think Bridgewater is worth 1-1. Better Value is Clowney at 1-1 and Bortles/Mettenberger etc.... in late rd 1 or 2-1. IMHO

Where we disagree is Bridgewater is a 1-1 talent.

Tell me the pass rusher you can find at 33 that is even close to the equivalent of Clowney? I can give you a QB that's close to if not better than Bridgewater at 2-1. (Mettenberger/Murray)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote