View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #606
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You can use your high 2nd rd pick to trade into the 1st rd and get your franchise QB. If BoB wants to win now, you take Clowney and I would try to trade a 2014 2nd and a 2015 1st to trade up for one of the QB's (Bortles/Mettenberger/Hundley) and maybe get a 2013 3rd for my trouble.
I think I would rather see them move into the approx. 20 range of the draft with this year's 2nd and 3rd, fill the hole from losing a pick with a yeoman FA and not leverage the future so much.

For example, Winston is going to be a FA and is playing this year on a 1 year, $2 mil deal.

As a side note, it seems to me some folks are projecting too many QBs going in the 1st - Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Mettenberger, Hundley. You have to go back to 1983 to find a 6 QB in the 1st draft. There has only been 1 5 QB draft since. About 2.25 is average.