View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I don't see how anyone with such an important role in the organization can be absolved of responsibility. This year's crash, coupled with many years of under achievement points to a structural problem with the organization. There are only two choices I can see - Smith was performing as a real GM and has responsibility for the state of the team, or he was a figurehead who wasn't performing as a real GM for years.

Either way, he hasn't earned the right to stay based on performance. I suspect he will be released at some point before the next season starts
I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite pissed he's still here. Going by what I've read and the fact he's still here just tells me he's nothing more than McNair's fluffer. I could be way off base, but dadgum, what other reasoning is there?.