View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I tend to agree somewhat.

To me, the fact that he's still here tells me he was/is merely a puppet to the organization. It appears he and McNair will be handling the draft from here on out. I reckon the new staff will state their recommendations and be sent to the back row come draft time.
I don't see how anyone with such an important role in the organization can be absolved of responsibility. This year's crash, coupled with many years of under achievement points to a structural problem with the organization. There are only two choices I can see - Smith was performing as a real GM and has responsibility for the state of the team, or he was a figurehead who wasn't performing as a real GM for years.

Either way, he hasn't earned the right to stay based on performance. I suspect he will be released at some point before the next season starts