View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #111
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well, on MW to illustrate - I figured the Texans had taken QB off the table and so pretty much thought discussing VY was a waste of time. Bush I didn't think would translate to the NFL as a primary RB. That left Mario and Ferguson. Mario seemed like more of a freak with a higher upside.

Here Clowney shows the same kind of upside with a more extreme chance of bust due to taking plays off turning into taking a season off. Then there is injury concern. Haven't had a chance to talk to Doc about it but doing a little research bone spurs in feet can result from problems like plantar fasciitis and can be a real problem for a DLmen/OLB who lives off of initial burst. Basically he scares me.

If forced to stay I would be happy with either Bridgewater then the best of RT, OLB or NT ... or Barr then maneuver to get Bortles, Carr (after an interrogation that would make the CIA at Guantanamo proud).

Best case, trade down get Nix, Matthews or Moseley and then use the next two on a QB and RT (or OLB, NT if Matthews taken) in either order.
Clowney only took plays off this and that was to avoid an injury situation like his former teammmate. They were saying the same things about Peppers before he was drafted. IIRC, I'm more of a risk taker so if Doc said Clowney was medically OK he would be my pick.

Your best case scenerio would be my dream come true. I'm very high on Nix and think he could do for the Texans almost as much as Clowney. (Draw double teams) Nix having knee surgery does worry me and would be another call for the Doc's.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote